|(I was trying to decide which hole to use for the new knobs in this pic)|
But man this thing was ugly. So I decided to paint it white. We had some high gloss white paint in the basement from the previous owners. So all I had to buy was...
quart of primer
paint brushes (which I learned was unnecessary)
mini foam roller and refills
knobs (half off at hobby lobby, of course)
I don't really want to figure out exactly how much I spent. I know it was a lot less than it could have been, but definitely more than I had planned! But it's okay because I'm thrilled with the results!
First I filled the extra holes from the hardware...
Then sanded, primed, and proceeded to paint about 8 coats of paint.
I used regular paint brushes at first and could not hide the brush strokes. So with some seriously amazing help from facebook friends, I got the foam rollers and added a couple more coats. You can still sort of see the brush strokes but it looks more like texture and I like it.
Meet my very first real project that I did all by myself!!
Oh I know it's poor lighting! Very sad. It's such a beautiful pure white and I just love it! I got a free quart of chocolate brown paint awhile back and used it to paint the sides of the drawers...
I'd love to line the insides of the drawers with some bright pink patterned paper of some sort eventually. But since her clothes pack this thing pretty good, that may be a waste! We'll see.
Marie said, "Oh mom! It's beautiful!"
Next step is to get rid of that nasty green on those walls.
I'm so proud of myself :)