So for anyone else new to this journey (and for my own reference!) I thought I'd share what we're planning to use this year. I'll let ya know how we like it as the year goes by.
- Language Arts - Explode the Code Books 1 and 2
- Math - Math U See Primer
- Science - Our Father's World God's Creation Series
- Social Studies - Maps, Charts, Graphs, The Places Around Me (Modern Curriculum Press)
- Health - A Beka Health Safety and Manners Reader 1
- Bible - Jesus Storybook Bible, review of what they learn in Sunday School, memorization of first 4 tracks.
- Reading - We plan to read every book we own plus library books that relate to what we're learning
- Art - We plan to do Pinterest-inspred crafts related to whatever we're learning
- Letter of the Week Preschool
- He'll also be sitting in on a lot of what Marie does
Anyone have experience with any of this? What curriculum are you using this year?
((The links are randomly chosen! I did not necessarily purchase any of it from these specific links))
Don't kill yourself trying to do all of that every day with Marie. Focus on Math and Reading...those are the big important things in Kindergarten. We are starting officially this year too, so I will keep you in my prayers as we are going through our journey as well.ReplyDelete